Conditions of Sale
- Ocean and Vine Adventures and Tours cc, (The Company), Registration Number 1998/08430/23 is duly registered as a Close Corporation in the South African Tourism and Ancillary Industry, and possesses all licenses and permits necessary to operate as a tour operator in Southern Africa.
- The Company acts as an agent / broker in packaging tours and travel arrangements. While we make every effort to engage only top quality suppliers, we do not have direct control over the provision of services of suppliers and shall not be liable for any loss, damage, injury, additional cost, delay or other irregularities that result from any error or default, act or omission of any supplier in carrying out their responsibilities.
- Should sickness or accident interrupt a tour, the Company shall not be liable for any loss, damage or expense arising there from, whether as a result of the company's negligence or otherwise. The company recommends that the client takes out the necessary insurance to protect against any such eventuality.
- The Company shall not be liable for any loss, damage, or expense of any nature whatsoever suffered by the client or traveler arising from the loss of or any damage to any property; cancellation or curtailment of any tour; sickness, quarantine, weather conditions, war, strikes, riots and/or any other cause of any nature whatsoever, irrespective of how caused and whether as a result of the company's negligence or otherwise.
- Travelers shall be solely responsible for complying with the formalities and documents required by police, customs, health and all other authorities at the point of departure, at the destination and whilst in transit.
- The Company reserves the right to alter or substitute routes, refreshments, meals, accommodation, itineraries, tours, services, vehicles and/or arrangements should conditions necessitate. In this case we will offer substitutes of equal value and will inform the client of any known changes before departure.
- The client is obliged to accept all reasonable instructions of any tour leader or guide appointed by the Company.
- The Company reserves the right to decline or reject any traveler as a member of any group or on any tour at any time as a result of interference with any other member/s of any group, any disturbance or nuisance, or the non-payment of any amount due by the client.
- Any claim or dispute which may arise between client and the Company, including any claim for loss or damage due to injury to person or property, shall be resolved by arbitration in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
Cancellation policy for tour bookings is as follows:
A deposit of 50% of the full price is required at the time of making your booking. If we fail to receive your deposit within 7 days, your provisional reservation will lapse. A booking can only be confirmed once we have received the deposit. The balance is to be paid 30 days prior to departure.
Percentage of your deposit refundable to you:
cancellation more than 60 days prior to departure - 75% of deposit refunded
cancellation 60 days or less prioir to departure - 50% of deposit refundable
Cancellation 30 days or less prior to departure - 25% of full price refunded
Cancellation 14 days or less prior to departure - 0% of full price refunded
In the event of pre-booked accommodation being cancelled, including specials packages, Ocean & Vines Tours follows the cancellation policy of the respective accommodation company.